Happiest of New Years to each and every one of you from the team at The Vocal Academy.
It is a time of year that I always treat with joy, vigour and optimism. Joy because we are about to see an extension to the evenings. Vigour, because we are about to see an extension to the evenings. And Optimism, because we are about to see an extension to the evenings!!
In all seriousness I think a lot of us use the start of the New Year to reevaluate the things in our lives that are important to us and for some of you, ‘Singing’ will be a consideration. Within the realm of Singing, important factors such as confidence and dealing with anxiety, functional issues such as pitching or not losing breath enough to finish a line in a song and for some it is to steady the vocal ship as it were, ahead of recording your first EP or Album, are pertinent.
Here at the Vocal Academy we are all trained (or training as we have our first Student Teacher) in dealing with all of these and more. Whether it is one-to-one attention you’d prefer or whether you relish the support of group singing, 2018 at The Vocal Academy should have something for you.
By the way, we practice what we preach. This year:
- We will host our very first GLEE Club Performance, which we are nervous about but we have been practicing hard and will trust what we’ve learned.
- We will welcome new members to our Adult Singing Group and put them through their paces leading to what will be for some their first Public Performance
- We are putting some of our singers through the Classical Section of the RIAM Singing Exams for the first time!!
- We will be travelling to Edinburgh to take part in IVACON2018 which is the World Conference in IVA Technique. We will learn from teachers and leaders in Vocal Pedagogy and Pathology from across the Globe in order that we can offer even better instruction.
- We have invited some of the worlds Top Voice Coaches, performers from Musical Theatre and Specialist in teaching childrens’ voices over from the United States to take some classes in Spring – more news later!!!
Remember that it is the fear of failure that holds so many of us back. Do not let the expectations or achievement of others define your success. Make 2018 YOUR year!
Just CLICK HERE to take the next step in the right direction!
Bobby, Diarmuid, David and Odhran